Thursday, August 28, 2014

Funtastic Fridays- Favorite things


It's Friday again! What better way to start of the day than to have your favorite breakfast food?
I don't really have a favorite breakfast food. It's a game of roulette in my brain minutes before I wake up and whatever food on the list gets chosen will be The Favored Breakfast of The Day.
Today's Favored Breakfast of The Day: Over peppered sunny side up egg and cheese sandwich
I could only capture my over peppered (I love pepper) egg because I was so hungry I ate my sandwich immediately after I assembled it. (You're not really missing out much, it didn't look that great anyway. Neither does my egg)

Other than sunny side egg and cheese sandwich, I love ICE-CREAM, but I love HOMEMADE ICE-CREAM even more!

Do I even need to tell you how much more delicious homemade ice-cream is compared to commercially made ones? OF COURSE NOT!

However, I found this ice-cream pre-mix in my local baking shop and I was really mindblown...I never knew they had such things, but I realised that this is probably how ice-cream is made commercially as an afterthought. Pretty disappointing, I know.
This pre-mix just lost it's mindblowing magic
Despite the fact that this recipe only calls for two ingredients (Full cream milk and the ice-cream mix), It requires too much fancy baking equipment. Weighing out ingredients like milk in grams....seriously? Come on!
It was a tad bit too sweet, so I added in some green tea powder to neutralize the  sweetness that's why it looks green.The flavour being too sweet would be another drawback about using ice-cream mix

Before
After  
I let it soften a bit before transfering to a freezer box for storing


Scoop, serve and enjoy!

P.s It's not as good as I thought it would be, I should expect that since it is a pre-mix. Still, this feeling of unsatisfied-ness is just so annoying!

I'm probably gonna make ice cream from scratch some time soon.

So, what is your favorite food? Let me know in the comments section!
I''ll be going off to enjoy the rest of my Friday. Ciao~

Asia Colion

3 comments:

tien mie said...

thts a lot of icecream!! nice?

my fav food is icecream too & indian rojak (coz im craving it i guess haha)

Asia Colion said...

Indian Rojak ftw!

Mel said...

WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM!!!